Raising the flags of India and USA Honoring India’s 75th Independence Day celebration
As we all recognize, this COVID-19 pandemic re-routed our paths having adjusted to various new norms and has changed how we work, learn and interact. As social distancing guidelines have led to a more virtual existence, both personally and professionally.
Last year, in August 2020, we created history by holding successful flag raising events in over 35 towns and cities, by raising and honoring the Indian and U.S Flags in the heart of each town/city.
Continuing last year’s success story in the current year 2021, we will be raising the US and Indian flags in over 40 towns/cities in New England to commemorate the momentous India’s 75th Independence Day celebration.
We will have these events starting August 1st through the 15th, culminating into the grand finale cultural event, “IAGB India Day” on August 15th, which is back to its core, at the Hatch Memorial Shell alongside Charles River.
So come join the festivity as we honor India’s 75th Independence Day celebration with style, pride and vigor!!!
|#||City||Event Date||Event Time|
|5||Salem, MA||2021-08-04||1 and 4 PM|
IAGB Community Youth Excellence Awards 2021: Call for Nominations
IAGB is pleased to invite nominations for the prestigious “IAGB Community Youth Excellence” award. Anyone, including parents, friends and relatives, can nominate a student. Students can also nominate themselves. The deadline is July 21st, 2021.
IAGB will recognize a maximum of two students, who demonstrate extraordinary achievement in one or more of the following areas:
- Community Service
- Arts and music
- Exceptional service of an altruistic nature for the greater good of the community
Eligible nominees must be rising junior or senior high school students of Indian origin, who reside and attend school in the New England Area.
Submit nominations with the following required supporting documentation by July 21st, 2021. Please submit your nomination with the following information at the end of this page.
- Student/school/town name, and student contact details (email, telephone number and address).
- A one-page (single space) essay in Microsoft Word on:
Your experiences with racism, discrimination, stereotypes and cultural differences in your schools and class rooms, and your approach to deal with such issues.
- List major achievements in detail, using separate pages for each area of achievement. Include any supporting documents such as images, videos, etc.
- If nomination is made by someone other than the nominee, include the name of the nominating person and contact details.
The awardees will be notified via email and recognized at the India Day 2021 celebration on August 15th. If you have any questions, send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
SWATANTRATA KA JUNOON Independence Day
An Invitation to all of our New England Area Dance Performers to perform live at India’s 75th Independence Day Celebrations.
We know you have been eagerly waiting to show off your dancing passion, dazzle the audience with your moves, and soak in that moment performing in front of a large crowd..
So here you go …IAGB is delighted to bring you an in-person India Day Celebration. Location to be determined.
We are now accepting entries for all types of Folk and Bollywood performances.
Entries will be reviewed by the IAGB Cultural team and decisions will be conveyed upon completion of the review process. We have only room for 12 items so only the best will be selected. So do put your best foot forward.
Here are important guidelines for your submissions for review:
- The entries are only for GROUP dance performances (Group size must be 10 or more)
- NO SOLO PERFORMANCES will be accepted.
- You can submit an entry in any one of the following age groups:
- Kids: 5-10 Years old
- Young: 10-15 Years old
- Adults: 15 years and above
- Please be sure to specify the age category (If your dance item contains multiple ages then please be sure to list it in the age category that you have a majority of performers)
- You must submit at least a 3 minute video of the item along with your entry form.( The demo video should contain as close to the final performance as possible, else you may be rejected)
- Entry Submission Deadline: 10 JULY 2021 ( Extremely Important) Any entries received past this date will be considered only if spots are available.
- Each dance participant must have IAGB membership. Your entry will be qualified for membership before acceptance. (It is the responsibility of the team leader/choreographer to ensure this as soon as an acceptance email is received).
- If your entry is selected we will reach out to get the participants list/member names.
- IAGB Cultural team’s decision will be final.
Time is of the essence and we want to ensure that we provide quality entertainment to our New England audience.
IAGB Cares - Senior Fest June 27th, 2PM
A virtual event to discuss/share information and resources useful for Indian senior citizens.
- Medicare for fou
- Financial advice for seniors
- Health insurance for seniors
- Healthcare proxy and honoring choices
- Isolation and depression in seniors
IAGB is inviting you to a scheduled Zoom meeting.
Topic: IAGB CARES – Senior Fest
Time: Jun 27, 2021 02:00 PM Eastern Time (US and Canada)
Meeting ID: 865 9745 9959
IAGB Indepedence Day Cup - A Cricket Torunament July 3rd and 4th
IAGB, in collaboration with Hopkinton Cricket Club and Hoysala Social and Sports Club, is hosting the Independence Day Cup – Cricket Tournament in commemoration of July 4th – US Independence Day and the upcoming 75th India’s Independence Day celebrations.
Date: July 3rd and 4th, 2021
Venue: Hopkington Athletic Field, 36-40, Fruit St, Hopkinton, MA
- Social Event for amateur crickets to get together and have fun
- Hard tennis ball tournament
- 6+1 a side tournament with an additional designated hitter or designated bowler
- 6 Overs a side for each game
- A limited number of teams
- Turn pitch
- Beautiful outfield
- Only $150 a team – net proceeds will be donated to local charities
- Special Attraction: One women game of 8 a side
If you have any questions, contact Ashok Jakati – email@example.com /508 243 7173
Estate Planning Workshop Brought to you by IAGB in collaboration with South Asian Bar Association of Greater Boston(SABA-GB)
Join us for an educational session on Estate Planning, presented by well-known Estate Planning Attorneys/Advisors. Learn the process of designating who will receive your assets and handle your responsibilities during these uncertain times. Learn about estate tax/inheritance tax implications. This session is specially tailored for Indian American community with assets/properties and families/friends both in India and the US.
* Assets/Properties in India and the US
* Support family members/friends and charities both in India and the US
Insider's Guide to College Admissions & Ivy League Q&A Date : June 19, Time: 12:00PM-01:00PM
Sara Pinson, assistant director for college admissions at AcceptU, provides an overview of today’s college admissions landscape and how families can best prepare for success in the process.
In this webinar, you will learn
- how your child’s applications will be read,
- how to stand out in the application pool, why some applicants do not get in,
- how to find the right fit for your child,
- a parent’s ideal role in the process and
- how COVID-19 will impact college admissions.
Community Covid-19 Vaccination Camp
Across the country, the COVID-19 pandemic is having devastating effects. We have felt the pain and loss in our own community. While the pandemic has kept us apart, there is new hope—vaccines are here. They will help us move closer to ending the pandemic. We want everyone in our community to be safe and get back to hugging our families and friends and shaking hands with our neighbors. Getting the COVID-19 vaccine adds one more layer of protection for you, your family, and your loved ones.
IAGB and New England community organizations in partnership are hosting Community Covid 19 Vaccination camp and inviting the community members to take advantage of this opportunity. Please vaccinate, protect yourself and your loved ones.
Vaccine: Pfizer-BioNTech COVID-19 Vaccine will be offered and everyone 16 years of age and above is eligible to get vaccinated.
- Indian Medical Association of New England
- India Society of Worcester
- Telugu Assoc. Of Greater Boston
- Evergreen Adult Day care health center
- New England Kannada Koota
- Orissa Society of New England
- Tamil Makkal Mandram
- New England Tamil Sangham
- American Telugu Association
- Blackstone Valley India Society
- Ekal – Boston
- Kerala Association of New England
- Sewa International – Boston
- NATS – Boston
- Telangana NRI Association
- Kashmiri Overseas Association
- Friends of Indian Senior Citizens Org.
- Indian Americans for Burlington
- New England Malayalee Association
- New England Tulu Koota
- Bihar Jharkhand Assoc. of NE
- Maheswari Mahasabha of North America
- LASA Foundation
Dates and Locations
After your first dose vaccination, you will have an appointment for the second dose after three weeks at the same place.
May 1, 2021 – Saturday
Evergreen Adult Day Health Center
15 Commonwealth Ave Suite 110, Woburn, MA
9 am to 3 pm
(2nd dosage, May 22nd)
May 2, 2021 – Sunday
ISW India Center
152 Main Street Shrewsbury, MA
9 am to 3 pm
(2nd dosage, May 23nd)