IAGB Republic Day 2021
A Cultural Extravaganza
IAGB will celebrate its annual Republic Day event in pomp and style, on January 30th at 6.30 pm. An attractive line up of stars and performers are lined up for the event.
The Chief Guest for the event will be the Hon’ble Consul General of India, New York, Randhir Jaiswal. The event will have a grand beginning with the opening Anthems of USA and India sung by Mary Millben, the well known American singer/actor. There are cultural performances, comprising music and dance from various parts of India, showcasing the country’s diversity and unique identity.
GRAND MUSIC CONCERT
By Sudesh Bhosale and Vaishali Made
The grand music concert for the day will be jointly presented by the versatile, singer, performer, voice artist, and Bollywood celebrity Sudesh Bhosale and the famous playback singer Vaishali Made of the “Pinga” song from the movie Bajirao Mastaani. This concert will feature a live orchestra and music band.
Congratulations to all the winners and thank you all the participants and judges.
(Kindergarten to 2nd Grade)
- 1st: Siddharth Vikram
- 2nd: Abhinav Nambudiri
- 3rd: Madhav Nayar
- Arjun Menon
- Srimanth Aroon
(3rd Grade to 5th Grade)
- 1st: Sarvesh Madhadik
- 2nd: Avni Bansal
- 3rd: Shriram Shenoy
- Srivatsan Marimuthu
Sponsors / Advertisements
- Ved Mehta, who overcame blindness with literary prowess, dies at 86 – India New England January 11, 2021
- Get rid of winter stiffness with yoga – India New England January 10, 2021
- Last few days to Register for IAGB’s Republic Day Competitions and Learning Series, finale event on Jan. 30 – India New England January 10, 2021
- INDIA New England News Announces 20 Under 20 Stars List for 2020 – India New England December 25, 2020
- With 10 Friendly Competitions and a Parade, IAGB Gets Ready for Virtual Republic Day Celebrations on Jan. 30 – India New England December 17, 2020
- Sarwat Gilani Named Top Pakistani Celebrity of 2020 – India New England December 17, 2020
- Chicago City Council urged to support human rights for the persecuted religious minorities of Pakistan, Bangladesh, and Afghanistan – India New England December 17, 2020
- Remembering Mool Raj Mathur (1927 – 2020): A Life of Positivity and Strength – India New England October 2, 2020
Recent Events Gallary
A Fireside Chat with Mary Milben
Join us for a special event – A Fireside Chat with, Mary Milben, Acclaimed Singer/Performer – on January 28th at 7:30pm. Mary Milben is stated to perform the anthems at IAGB Republic Day 2021, Grand Finale on the 30th.
This will be moderated by Clint Vailadares, Senior Director – Berklee School of Music.
Virtual Republic Day 2021
We are excited to announce the details for upcoming Republic Day 2021 celebrations. The virtual Republic Day will be celebrated on January 30, 2021. There will be several friendly virtual competitions for all ages in the coming days, As part of the grand celebration, there will be a unique virtual parade that will showcase India’s diversity in various ways, and professional performances that will add talent and color to the event.
IAGB CARES FOOD DRIVE – HOLIDAY GIVING
The year end holidays are a time of reflection and thankful for all that we have. Many families are struggling with the challenges of poverty to put the food on the table, and the coronavirus pandemic has only made it more difficult to stay nourished and find food assistance.
In the spirit of giving, consider giving back to the community during this holiday season while brightening someone’s day. Help a hungry family.
IAGB invites you to help the following food pantries with the essential needed items. Please make your generous donations.
Lazarus House Food Pantry
- Canned Vegetables
- Pasta (Any Type)
- Canned Pasta Sauce
- Canned Ravioli/Spaghetti
- White Rice (1lb bag or box)
- Macaroni & Cheese
- Peanut Butter
- Cerial Boxes
- Canned Soups
If you prefer, you may order online for delivery to Lazarus House (412 Hampshire St, Lawrence, MA 01841) from Amazon or Walmart using the below buttons.
Nashua Children’s Home
- Mashed Potato
- Canned Vegetables
- Corn, Green Beans
- Rolls, Apple Cider,
- Apple Pie, Pumpkin Pie
- Cranberry juice, Orange Juice
- Cereals, etc
Drop off your generous donations at any of these locations(Andover, Burlington, Hopkinton, Lexington, Littleton, Nashua, Newton, Westford, Winchester). If you prefer to have your donations picked up, please send an email to email@example.com.
- Sushil Motwani – 7 Christian Way, Andover MA
- Vaishali Gade – 19 Maryvale Rd, Burlington, MA
- Guru Samaga – 2 Honeysuckle Cir, Hopkinton, MA
- Kamala Raju – 4 Marshall Road, Lexington MA 02420
- Sanjay Gowda – 8 McIntosh Ln, Littleton MA
- Veeresh Angadi – 24 Cherrywood Dr, Nashua NH
- Supriya Shekar – 336 Elliot St, #B, Newton MA
- Jeyanthi Ghatraju – 3 Barrister Dr, Westford, MA
- Yogita Miharia – 12 Wendel St, Winchester, MA
In the News
IAGB and SETU Stage a Virtual Murder Mystery Play on the Transgender Community This Weekend to Help Fundraise for Local Pantries and Shelters
- Newsletter for Jan 2020Happy New Year to all IAGB friends and family! With every ticking moment, IAGB Directors and volunteers are inching towards the grand annual celebration, the celebration of India’s Republic Day. This January 25th, we invite you all to Burlington High School to participate and compete in various competitions which will be followed by mega cultural celebrations. You will be enchanted with performances from various parts of India in a perfect way to celebrate the Republic.…
- Newsletter for Dec 2019As we get ready to say good-bye to 2019, we would like to take this opportunity to thank all our members, readers and well-wishers for your continued support to IAGB. In the last month, we had the opportunity to welcome the Indian Ambassador to US, Hon’ble Mr. Harsh Vardhan Shringla along with Hon’ble Consulate General Mr. Sandeep Chakravorty. At this gathering IAGB brought together representatives from multiple regional organizations. Partnering and collaborating with a wide diaspora of Indian Americans, we will make a bigger impact on the governance at local, state and federal level by highlighting issues and areas of concern to Indian Americans.…
- Newsletter for Nov 2019The new committee is in action in full swing, working on multiple fronts. We have a series of events lined up, starting from the Indian Visa Camp on Nov 16th, followed by Feaster 5K run/walk on Thanksgiving morning and then our flagship event, the Republic Day Mela. Registrations for Republic Day Mela are already in progress, stay tuned for more updates. We are starting a new series this month, where we will be spotlighting a different regional organization in every issue. …