IAGB Community Youth Excellence Awards 2021: Call for Nominations
IAGB is pleased to invite nominations for the prestigious “IAGB Community Youth Excellence” award. Anyone, including parents, friends and relatives, can nominate a student. Students can also nominate themselves. The deadline is July 21st, 2021.
IAGB will recognize a maximum of two students, who demonstrate extraordinary achievement in one or more of the following areas:
- Community Service
- Arts and music
- Exceptional service of an altruistic nature for the greater good of the community
Eligible nominees must be rising junior or senior high school students of Indian origin, who reside and attend school in the New England Area.
Submit nominations with the following required supporting documentation by July 21st, 2021. Please submit your nomination with the following information at the end of this page.
- Student/school/town name, and student contact details (email, telephone number and address).
- A one-page (single space) essay in Microsoft Word on:
Your experiences with racism, discrimination, stereotypes and cultural differences in your schools and class rooms, and your approach to deal with such issues.
- List major achievements in detail, using separate pages for each area of achievement. Include any supporting documents such as images, videos, etc.
- If nomination is made by someone other than the nominee, include the name of the nominating person and contact details.
The awardees will be notified via email and recognized at the India Day 2021 celebration on August 15th. If you have any questions, send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.