Join us for an exclusive in-person event dedicated to topics that matter to seniors and to senior caregivers. Many knowledgeable speakers will discuss and share information and resources on various topics relevant and useful for Senior citizens within & beyond the Indian community.
Event Date: Dec.11th, 1-4pm
Venue: Burlington Public Library
An informative afternoon where speakers will be discussing informative topics such as
- Health Insurance
- Money Management
- Health Decisions
- Senior Volunteering
- Adult Daycare/meals
Enjoy a pleasant festive season afternoon hearing about these topics with some tea and snacks along with a short entertainment segment by local community artist.
1) Ellen M. DiPaola- JD, President & CEO – Honoring Choices Massachusetts – “Now’s the time: Make Your Own Health
2) Mary Austin – Community Relationship Manager, Tufts Health Plan Senior
3) Cynthia Phillips – State SHINE Program Director for Elder Affairs “Medicare and other Health Insurance Programs”
4) Julie Greenspan – Money Management Program Manager – Minuteman Senior Services – “The know-how-s of Money Management program & basic budgeting skills”
5) Pratima Penumarthy – Founder & CEO – Volunteering for Seniors Inc. – “The Benefits of Volunteering for Seniors”
6) Rachana Shah – Founder & Program Director of Evergreen Adult Day Health Center “The know-how-s of Day Care for Seniors”
7) Rita Shah- MSW, LCSW – Founder, FISCO(Friends of Indian Senior Citizen Organization) & Retired Co-ED, Saheli “Desi meals on wheels” (meals for seniors); And Isolation, depression in seniors and resources
**Dance: Mona Mitra – Founder-Mona’s Dance Academy – “Ghar More Pardesiya” – Bollywood Fusion dance featuring synergy between the Indian classical dance style of Kathak and modern Bollywood.
**Songs: – Anuprabha Dandapat